Sunday, May 3, 2009

House Continued...

Ok, so I was talking about the house I found.

The porch was a mess and oh, did i mention the first stair is loose, too? If it's all about first impressions, ouch. So he opens the front door to the largest foyer I have ever seen. I walk across stunning hardwoods to the railing of a deep walnut colored banister and look over almost two story windows. The first half of the staircase ends at the back door to the house surrounded by the huge windows which opens up to a small porch and a nice backyard that backs up to a golf course. Continuing down the stairs are the three bedrooms and two baths. The master bath is interesting looking with a step up as you enter the bathroom. Easily overlooked with the his and her walk in closets.

So back up stairs where the top floor is split into four rooms two on either side of the foyer. As you come up the stairs to the left is another room with a closet and a bathroom that could be the fourth bedroom. Next to the room is a another room maybe the living room? Cross the foyer into the formal dinning room and walk through the door to the kitchen. I love this kitchen! Tile floor with a bay window overlooking the backyard. One wall has a built in microwave and oven. The kitchen is huge I think it is the size of our kitchen and dinning room right now.

Once I was done staring at the kitchen we went over to the two car detached garage. Upstairs in the garage is a finished room complete with a bathroom. The driveway has a semi circle driveway, I have always loved those big driveways.

So I found it before it originally hit the market and our agent looked up what the last contract on the house was for which turned out to be in our price range. We started the whole find a lender thing and settled on a bank with a local branch. Once we signed the application we impatiently waited for the decision. Ok I think I was the one that was impatient. So the house is listed before we are approved and it is listed for $70,000 more than the last contract and almost $8,000 higher than what it was appraised for in 2005. The housing market has not stabilized here and there is some damage to the house as well as in a buyers market a house almost has to updated to keep up with the comparables in this area. The kitchen and all of the bathrooms are outdated. <- Yes I have been watching too much HGTV.

We put in an offer anyway with the hopes that they really wanted to get rid of it. Our offer was $100,000 less than the list price they countered $7,000 below list price; there were two counter offered ending with them still at $7,000 below list there last counter offer was higher than their previous one.

I had been told most foreclosures are lowered every 30days. We wait until the 30 day mark and Fannie Mae does lower the price $40,000 so I am thinking they are ready to deal. We offer $44,900 below their list and they respond if we didn't except the offer the last time why would we consider it now? I write a letter trying to appeal to their 'we help put families in homes' statement with the same offer and they counter $7,000 below their list. I think I am starting to see a pattern here. Two more weeks and it hits the next 30 day mark. Still no offers from anyone but us.


I feel like I am playing chess with them and I am getting pretty good at being patient...

1 comment:

  1. WOW! It sounds beautiful, even if it needs some work! GOOD LUCK
    You were always pretty good at waiting when you had to. You've kinda got that pacing wolf attitude. As soon as they stick their head out, you snap it off.
    Watch out Fannie Mae. LOL

    ReplyDelete